Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Elvis Presley in Las Vegas



Good morning Vegas Lovers ! 

My photo is showcasing the backend of Las Vegas with a glimpse of Westgate, Las Vegas.  You can also see Encore, Las Vegas too. 

Today I have a motivation article about Elvis Presley, but before I do ...

It’s the beginning of a new week, back to the grind. It’s my hope you enjoyed your long weekend.  Heading back to work is indeed something we all must do unless you’re independently wealthy. It’s our hope we have “work” where it doesn’t seem like work, because it’s something you really love doing. 

Is that the case for you ? 

I love writing sci-fi short stories and creating science-fiction art - If you’re interested, you can see and read them here
( just follow link that says website) 

This is what I love doing, plus vacationing in Las Vegas.  See my Vegas Fun Website here 

OR here 


OK - Today my motivation article is talking about the “King of Rock and Roll” Elvis Presley. 

ELVIS - The King of Rock and Roll 

As a Vegas Lover I have always been attracted to the best entertainers of Las Vegas, such as Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis,Jr., Jerry Lewis, Dean Martin,  Liberace, Diana Ross, Tom Jones, Cher, Shania Twain and today Lady Gaga & Celine Dion.  

However, there’s only one who left behind a big impression in Las Vegas, from the early years to today.  Of course, it’s the “King of Rock ‘n’ Roll - the one and only Elvis Presley.  

If there’s one person I wish to have seen in Las Vegas, that would be ELVIS PRESLEY. 

When I first heard of Elvis, my eyes were glued to the TV watching his fun, romantic, comedy movies. I wasn’t one for romance, at such a young age. However, girls were always on my mind. Besides that, Elvis left an impression of having so much fun with girls on the exotic island of Hawaii, I wanted to do the same - lol. All of his movies were enjoyable, but one in particular, I remember to this very day. It was called “Girls, Girls, Girls”, starring Elvis Presley as a poor Hawaiian fisherman, entangled in a love triangle with two girls. One of his songs was ( you guessed it ) “Girls, Girls, Girls”.  The movie was released in October 31, 1962, but I never saw it until 1966.

As a young impressionable kid, I wanted to showoff, by trying to replicate Elvis’s song, “ Girls,Girls,Girls “ along with his moves. My step-mom actually recorded it on tape. Without a doubt, my first singing appearance was a hilarious fail, to say the least - lol.  Believe-you-me, my sister got a big kick out of it, as I made a fool out of myself.  Good thing we didn’t have a movie camera 🎥☺️ back then.  

Trying to mimic Elvis Presley taught me I would never make a singer for a living.  It’s best to leave it to the gifted, such as, Elvis “King of Rock ‘n’ Roll”, Lady Gaga, Cher and Celine Dion. 

Later, in 1968, after his premier TV appearance, Elvis came back to live performance (after a seven-year break) with a special called “Elvis”. 


After the Elvis show, I heard he was going to be in Las Vegas, doing residency concerts.  I asked my dad if we could go to Vegas, so we can see Elvis in person. He said something along the lines of, “Are you ___kidding ! Vegas is only for adults - got it ?!”  My Dad was a mean son-of-_____.  

Anyway, I would dream one day I would meet Elvis Presley in Las Vegas.  So you can imagine the disappointment, when I heard he died on August 16, 1977.  

Elvis made an big impression on July 31, 1969 at the brand new International Hotel ( now called Westgate Las Vegas) , just after Barbara Streisand’s gig residency. In four weeks Elvis preformed 57 successful shows, with a grand performance of celebrities cheering him on during his first opening act.  With such raves, his agent negotiated with the hotel, leading to a five-year contract for a cool $1 million dollars ! However, Elvis Presley’s gig actually last seven years, because of the 636 consecutive sold-out shows.

 ( Note : Judge Judy says the word “actually” is just a filler word. Sorry Judge Judy 😉

Without-a-doubt, Elvis Presley made such an impact on Las Vegas, you can see daily “look-a-likes” of Elvis throughout the Vegas Strip. There’s even conspiracy theories, such as, Elvis never really died and is hanging out in Hawaii under an assumed name.  I’ve been to Hawaii and yet to see Elvis - go figure! 

Every entertainer have had their ups and downs, but it’s the professionals who are hardest on themselves, the most. Elvis wanted to be respected as a serious actor. Unfortunately, the film production companies only thought of his singing, that drew the crowds to the box-office. Truly wish I met Elvis Presley. If only he knew how much an impression he made to a young boy, way-back-then. When I lost my birth-mom, I was 12 years old ( I thought of Elvis loosing his precious mom too) My Mom died at 33-years and at her funeral, I wish they would have played,” Love me Tender” by Elvis Presley. 

Love Me Tender  - Love Me True

Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Never let me go.
You have made my life complete,
And I love you so.
Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled.
For my darlin' I love you,
And I always will.
Love me tender,
Love me long,
Take me to your heart.
For it's there that I belong,
And we'll never part.

Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled.
For my darlin' I love you,
And I always will.

Love me tender,
Love me dear,
Tell me you are mine.
I'll be yours through all the years,
Till the end of time

Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled.
For my darlin' I love you,
And I always will...


 My mom fought her demons throughout her short life, but she showered me with love from the bottom of her heart.  Her name was “Elda”, a typical Italian who could ‘Cook-up-a-Storm’ with any Italian classics, you would see Las Vegas Chef Giada De Laurentiis do on TV Food Network.  

Ironically, our whole Italian family are musically inclined, except me. My mom would entertain me with our piano duets, teaching me how to play. However, after she died, I never pursued it again.  Without-a-doubt, my Mom meant everything to me. 

Anyway -  Elvis Presley impacted my young life into my teenage years. I still listen to his songs today ; actually I’m listening to one right now, as I’m writing...

Conclusion: 

I hope you enjoyed my heartfelt article today of Elvis Presley and it’s my hope I will see YOU in Vegas soon!  Keeping Elvis alive. 

Thank you for reading Vegas Lovers and have an awesome week. 

#VegasReviews #ElvisPresley #LoveMeTender #VegasLover #article #blog #VegasBlog #LetsVegas 













No comments:

Post a Comment