Sunday, October 23, 2016

Cher By Vegas Reviews


 Photo of Cher by MCM Machado Cicala Morassut


NOTE : Photo is by Machado Cicala Morassut - Please see his website HERE
Good Morning Everyone!
Here's a interview with Cher which I obviously had to share by Las Vegas Weekly. During my lifetime I watched Sonny and Cher, first on the Ed Sullivan Show and then their hip hop Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour in the early 1970's. ( shhhh... I'm not telling my age).
Did you know one of the writers of that show was Steve Martin.
Yes ! Steve Martin ! Go figure ! Isn't that so cool 😎 ?
Sonny wrote a lot of the songs where Cher's voice just killed it ! Her voice is certainly is superior and (must we even mention) a well trained vocalist. During the 1960's the song "I Got You Babe" was a big hit ! I was just 10 years old before I ever heard this song, during their hit Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour, that took off in the early 1970's.

 Cher

It still is one of my favourites.

Before the 1970's they made a bunch of hit songs until around 1967. Now get this, because of their drug-free lifestyle and pop songs they weren't as popular as say the acid rock groups.
Say what ?! Go figure!
SO - like Sonny does, he decides to do shows in ...yup...YOU guessed it - LAS VEGAS !
During their time in Vegas in the late 1960's they did the comedy along with Cher's amazing singing. Apparently during one of their shows, a couple of TV scouts noticed the fun Sonny and Cher.
By 1970 they were on television.
Their show grew into the popular Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour, as I remember it. To me it was a pretty remarkable show. Even after Sonny and Cher broke up, Cher was back in Vegas, this time without Sonny.

 Photo Credit by Bari Demers - The Vegas Strip


I've always loved Cher 😎 So when I finally saw her in person during 2010 at the Caesars Colosseum, Las Vegas, it was certainly a treat!
Now to hear of Cher coming back to Vegas for a final residency, this time as "Classic Cher" at the brand new PARK THEATRE by MGM, is awesome news, as I mentioned last week too.
Do you remember all the photos I shared with you of The Park, Las Vegas ? One of the photos was the PARK THEATRE still being built this past summer. At the time I was wondering who was going to perform in this new MGM Theatre.
 The Park Theater by Bari Demers 2016


Cher is said to begin her new legacy on February 8 2017. WOW!
Cher is just remarkable to say the least. I really don't know Cher (only from her shows) but she seems so sweet during all of her performances, but her recent Twitter wars with Donald Trump is the other side of Cher.
Will the real Cher please stand up.
I get the impression Cher is NOT scared to say what's on her mind. And I guess that's a good thing. With Cher you know what your getting and don't piss her off or else all hell will break loose. At least that's my impression. I sent her a tweet not too worry if Trump gets in, because she's very much welcome to stay in Canada. As a matter of fact I wrote an article about it here :
Hopefully she just might read it - lol.
Oh - BTW - if you missed it - read this other article of mine too - it has what America wants :

 Vegas Reviews

Cher is truly a remarkable and resilient woman who has been in the public eye since she was 16 years old. That's a long time in show business from tours, movies to TV shows. Not too mention her Grammy and Academy Awards!
In this stage of life, (a little pun there) Cher doesn't have to prove anything but to continue what she loves to do. And that is to sing! There's a hint that she will have other guests and high-tech goodies on her new show in Las Vegas. We will all have to see for ourselves.
Believe it or not, Cher and I have two things in common.
We both have asthma and we both do a lot of research. In fact half of my day is research, while the other half is writing.
Oh wait!
Maybe there's three things in common - We are all Vegas Lovers ! This will be the last time for Cher in Las Vegas, so if by any chance, get yourself down to Vegas ! This is the time to enjoy the professional performances of lovely CHER. Get Tickets today!
I missed Cher by the magic number 10 - she's ten years older then me. She was born on May 20 - I was born on May 30th - GO figure!
Is this fate or what - lol.
AND - one of her dates in the Park Theatre at Monte is on her birthday, May 20, 2017.
Anyway - I hope your enjoying your weekend and as always I will see YOU in Vegas! Cher - I got you babe 😎

PS - I have no idea whats going on with Blogger lately - the spaces in my sentences have nothing to do with the way Im writing this article. Blogger has gone crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment